Today, when you think about building event-driven and real-time applications, the words that come to you spontaneously are probably: RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka. These are the solutions that dominate this landscape. But have you ever heard of Apache Pulsar?
After a brief presentation of the fundamental concepts of messaging, you'll discover the Pulsar features that enable you to build amazing event-driven applications.
You'll learn the following:
- how Apache Pulsar architecture differs from other brokers
- how it enables scaling processing power & data independently, quickly, and with no hassle
- how it guarantees high durability of messages
- how it can be relevant as a unified streaming & messaging platform
- how to integrate Pulsar with your existing application portfolio
- and more
Julien Jakubowski is a Developer Advocate at StreamNative with over 20+ years of experience as a developer, staff engineer, and consultant. He has built several complex systems with distributed, scalable, and event-driven architecture for various industrial sectors such as retail, finance, and manufacturing.
Julien delivers talks at conferences on software engineering, specializing in the Java community: Devoxx, Java User Groups, and Google Developer Groups, among others.
Julien is located in France. He's also one of the founders and leaders of the Ch'ti JUG - Java User Group of Lille, France.